Check valve restricts flow to new washing machine?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just replumbed the under sink and fitted a check valve to feed the new washing machine. Just did a high water cycle (denim) and the machine is erroring - saying to check the water feed. I'm wondering if the new check valve is to blame? I purchased a bog standard one from Screwfix - is it safe to assume that not all check valves are created equal? Or in this case maybe I had better go without?

Not all cycles are affected - only the denim one so far.

Sponsored Links
Is it installed with arrow pointing into the machine, if so check mains pressure and install one without a NRV to test, the NRV shouldn't reduce the flow/pressure by any significant amount.

Yes - arrow is definitely in the right direction. I did notice the new water hose was quite narrow also but since it came with the machine didn't worry about it. But I will try to get another valve and see if it repeats.

Sponsored Links
God Damn It.

I bloody kinked the water hose when I pushed the machine back. Pulled it out and there it was, sandwiched. Damned fool.

My wife's fault. She said push it back as far as you can.

I feel better now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back