CheckATrade

The review has now gone live. I find it curious that they are allowed to remain a member given that I have had three surveys which state that the work is very poor, and clearly completely goes against the CheckATrade 'ethos', or at least the claimed ethos.

Yes. but you believe a STRANGE man on a public forum.

I'm afraid I do not understand your post. Could you explain for the hard of thinking? :)

Sponsored Links
Without Prejudice

Have you noticed the cartoon character on the TV ad. is whistling a few bars from " The William Tell Overture " Also known as the Lone Ranger theme tune .........And the LR was a :?: ... answers on a postcard .
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
The cowboys have now posted their response, and state that according to the manufacturers instructions and an independent report (not provided to me) the two adhesives did not need primer (BAL White Star and Topps powder adhesive applied on newly skimmed walls, very smooth). That disagrees with the data sheets I read online. They also claimed to have refunded all but materials costs, which is untrue. And of course they inflate materials costs by quoting recommended retail price, ignoring their trade discounts.

They also claim to have been polite, clean and tidy, but using my unused brand new fridge to store their food items, leaving the soil pipe improperly plugged so that sewage fumes filled the house and using screws to seal shut my garage without my knowledge is neither polite, clean nor tidy.

Someone might come to the conclusion that they are completely in the right. The problem is that the customer posts a review first. Then the trade gets to reply, and they can then say whatever they want to make it sound like the customer is at fault. The key problem is that CheckATrade is paid for by the trades. So it is biased in their favour. These people had two weeks to formulate a response due to my review appearing, then being removed for two weeks.

I will complain to CheckATrade about the inaccuracies in their online response. I will not hold my breath.

I have reread the response, and I am now calmer. They have said:

" Tiling we can’t comment on cause we were not allowed to verify. "

At no time did I prevent them from having someone check the tiling, and at no time did they ask to check.

I am asking CheckATrade to provide proof of that statement, and to have it removed if they cannot prove it. It seems to me that the trade can say anything they like in the response, and there is no checking. Thus the trade can make it look like they are in the right, and the customer is unreasonable.

It's all down to opinion at the end of the day. Give it up and move on.

It's all down to opinion at the end of the day. Give it up and move on.

It isn't. The response has numerous factual errors, which could easily be verified.

Clearly small issues such as factual accuracyt, honesty and integrity are not of interest to CheckATrade. Interestingly I was in Topps Tiles today, and asked the sales chap if he'd heard of CheckATrade, and he said something like "yeah, that's the place for cowboys isn't it".

Keep on with it Turkeys. Any recompense you can get will make it all worthwhile. :)

Thanks. I am feeling more confidant as I confirmed today that Topps Trade Rapidset adhesive which they used requires primer. They claimed to have primed the walls, three surveys say they didn't. I will nail these b'stards. And then I will see how CheckATrade react. There ARE good people on CheckATrade, but there are cowboys too.

How much did it cost you to employ 3 surveyors?

There were not surveyors. They only do structural surveys. ONe was a professional tiler, one a builder, and another senior project manager for a builders. One cost £120, two were free, although one was very brief.

I'm not surprised he was brief - it's his time you are wasting.

There were not surveyors. They only do structural surveys. ONe was a professional tiler, one a builder, and another senior project manager for a builders. One cost £120, two were free, although one was very brief.

Never heard of a builder, tiler or even a project manager that only do structural surveying. So £120 down the drain as well. unless the drain man is also a surveyor.

I'm not surprised he was brief - it's his time you are wasting.

The tiler did a written survey for free, he was a very nice chap, good work too. If I win, I will pay him a proper amount. The builder who did a short one for free had done over £10K of work for me.

Sponsored Links
Back