CheckATrade

How much did it cost you to employ 3 surveyors?

There were not surveyors. They only do structural surveys. ONe was a professional tiler, one a builder, and another senior project manager for a builders. One cost £120, two were free, although one was very brief.

Never heard of a builder, tiler or even a project manager that only do structural surveying. So £120 down the drain as well. unless the drain man is also a surveyor.

You misunderstand, but that might be my fault. I contacted surveyors who act as expert witnesses, and they said they only do structural surveys. So I contacted a tiler and two builders, and they did surveys for me, or reports if you prefer. Two were detailed, with several pages, describing the work, and the faults e.g. no primer, inappropriate adhesive, poor application of adhesive, exposed sharp cut tile edges etc.

Sponsored Links
How much did it cost you to employ 3 surveyors?

There were not surveyors. They only do structural surveys. ONe was a professional tiler, one a builder, and another senior project manager for a builders. One cost £120, two were free, although one was very brief.

Never heard of a builder, tiler or even a project manager that only do structural surveying. So £120 down the drain as well. unless the drain man is also a surveyor.

You misunderstand, but that might be my fault. I contacted surveyors who act as expert witnesses, and they said they only do structural surveys. So I contacted a tiler and two builders, and they did surveys for me, or reports if you prefer. Two were detailed, with several pages, describing the work, and the faults e.g. no primer, inappropriate adhesive, poor application of adhesive, exposed sharp cut tile edges etc.

I think you have the right name, apart from walks and with.

Your witnesses are unqualified. They'd be laughed out of court. How did they establish the lack of primer? Which lab did they send samples to? Was it a bad batch of adhesive? Were your walls suitable to receive the adhesive? Just drop it - you are wasting every-bodies time.

Your witnesses are unqualified. They'd be laughed out of court. How did they establish the lack of primer? Which lab did they send samples to? Was it a bad batch of adhesive? Were your walls suitable to receive the adhesive? Just drop it - you are wasting every-bodies time.

Thank you for your kind comments, however you are mistaken. I spoke with Trading Standards and they advised me to get a report from someone in the trade. I got three for safety. Trading Standards said it would stand up in court.

The cowboys stated in writing that they used Bal Primer. That is blue. I applied some to an area of bare plaster, according to the instructions. It is very obvious where the wall was primed, as it had a satin texture, and a blue tinge. Even without the blue dye, it is easy to tell when an acrylic sealer has been applied. They lied about the work, as they wanted to cut corners.

Sponsored Links
Most in the trade are cowboys anyway. It won't stand up in court. Anyone can say they are pro tilers. Forget it - you are on a hiding to nothing.

Here is an example of tiling by these people:

DSC_0041.jpg

You can see the tiling projects out into space, over the edge of the coving, and the top tile has a large step between it and the tile below. I don't know what the dark grey adhesive is. I have kept some tiles as evidence. They show that the adhesive had about 20% area contact with the wall. Some tiles were dot and dabbed.

Yeah it's rubbish but you are wasting your time. Have you had trading standards out? How many more unpaid people are you going to get involved? Why didn't you raise concerns at the time? It's no good whining about it later. No genuine outfit would ask for payment upfront anyway. It's your fault for not project managing properly.

Anyway this has nothing to do with GD - shift it into tiling.

Sponsored Links
Back