Cheeky B'stards!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ever spent ages filling in an e-mail request form on the net only for the next page to ask for your DOB details....

On principle, I don't continue. I know I could enter false details and that would cock-up their data collection.

It just annoys me intensely that even for situations where they don't need sensitive details like DOB, organisations persist in asking.

Like Mrs Secure asking for a cover note for free drive-away insurance and the guy would not proceed with issuing the note until she had told him whether her current motor policy was paid monthly or annually. Strewth!!

Sponsored Links
I think Secure is highlighting the increasing common practice of companies demanding more and more personal information with the excuse that their systems/procedures demand it.

The T Mobile example shows how valuable this information is to third parties.

I personally detest this practice, maybe because of my background, but I regularly use false information online when the details requested have no bearing on the application/quote/enquiry.

Listening to The Vine Show last week it highlighted more and more people are doing the same.

Sponsored Links
I registered on the Honeywell site last week. They wanted phone numbers before letting me join. I filled the boxes with the right number of 0's and it took it. I detest cold calling at the best of times, why do they need my number? Only wanted to look at wiring diagrams for 'S' plan systems......

I think Secure is highlighting the increasing common practice of companies demanding more and more personal information with the excuse that their systems/procedures demand it.

[In the style of Muttley] Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!

Detest it.

There was a comment on the radio recently that it is now illegal to ask for DOB on a job application.
Don't know how true it is.

There was a comment on the radio recently that it is now illegal to ask for DOB on a job application.
Don't know how true it is.
I think they were trying to save on parchment in your case conny :D

Sponsored Links
Back