Chemfix / Brick Adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to fix some coping stones to a breeze block wall and saw that Chemfix make a couple of products (Metobond and Epoxy Brick Adhesive) which seem to be just for this kind of job, but i've never used it before and had a couple of questions.

1. How does this stuff compare to mortar & a plasticiser? Especially in ease of use and speed as I have little practice with this type of construction.

2. Does anyone know where to buy it? I can't seem to find it for sale on any websites. If not is there a good alternative that I can get hold of?

Sponsored Links
The metobond product would do the trick. It's easy to mix on a board and apply to the coping / blocks. It comes in 10KG sets so if you only need a small amount then a 300mm tube (silicone gun size) of repair resin might be better.

These products are sold through a distributor in the UK:

***Removed***

Hi Bandwagon,

Thanks alot!

I'll contact them for some prices when the weather clears.

Seb

Copings will get a lot of weather extremes and lots of expansion/contraction

Make sure that this epoxy will cope with that without just cracking - ie need to be flexible not just strong

Sponsored Links
Hi ^woody^,

That was my biggest concern; whether this stuff would perform aswell as mortar.
We had some guys come round not too long ago and to fix in a pillar they used a Chemfix product. This is exposed as anything else outside and seems to be holding well but its the only example i've seen of it so I thought id ask and see if anyone else knew of it before deciding on it.

I'm wondering if it may be worth buying a sample and glueing a couple of blocks together then leaving them outside for a while and see how it stands up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back