Chest freezer - £14.99 for 8 years parts cover?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just bought a Whirlpool chest freezer, our Novum having finally died after 24 years service.

In with the literature is an option to pay £14.99 for eight years parts only cover.

Which seems reasonable to me........anyone got any thoughts? How expensiveare freezer parts and are they likely to fail? We never had a single problem with our Novum so have no experience of what can go wrong with chest freezers.

Sponsored Links
Bought a chest freezer from Iceland when we first moved into our house 27 years ago...its been knocked used as a platform ,bashed moved about alot and its still working great... its not even a top brand,just a iceland name on it.

Whatever does go wrong with them, it will usually cost more than £14.99 to replace it.
SO after reading the small print very carefully, that sounds like a good price for 8 years insurance.

I am assuming that this is a one off payment?

Another thingto take into account is the cost of the freezer in the first place

Yep, one-off payment, the purchase price was £239.

Thanks for the input all, think I'll do it.

Sponsored Links
parts only .check labour cost poss 100.00

Check small print for

Parts only if economic to repair

ie how much is the freezer worth at time of repair (not what you paid for it) in relation to parts cost. As rocks said factor in call out charge as well.

also do they supply the parts or does the engineer claim the money back

if you have to wait 2 or 3 day for parts thats one visit chargable then another chargable to fit so double labour costs and ruined freezer contents!!!

If it does not include the labour then they will lump the parts costs onto the labour charge & its not worth it.

Who is it with?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back