Cheverolet Lacetti 06 off the road for a long time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an 06 Cheverolet Lacetti 1.6 petrol that has been off the road (parked on the drive) for 2 years now. It has a flat battery that will not charge. I am going to replace the battery, but what I would like help with is whether there are likely to be any problems caused by it not moving/running for so long - anything easy for me to check and to fix?

Once I get the new battery I plan to get an MOT appointment and hopefully get it back on the road, if there is anything obvious to look for to keep the bill down, that would be great.

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
You may need fresh fuel, but a couple of gallons of the stuff should do.....fuel injection makes starting much easier than carb systems ever did.
After that, and once the engine is running, expect sticking brakes, and maybe the clutch too.
Get the car running first, and then come back to us if you need to.
John :)

Thanks very much for your help! I will get it running and let you know if anything crops up.

Obviously, check the fluid levels first, and see that the oil pressure lamp on the dash goes out smartly.
We'll be interested to hear how things go.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Best place for it :mad:
Louis Chevrolet would spin in his grave knowing the world famous bow-tie emblem was being attached to such a ... (censored) product

Back