Chimey Stack removal in bedroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have removed the stack from the roof and inside the loft, now we are in the bedroom. We find that the stack which is in brick is attached to the
bedroom wall which is breezeblock. We know that the knowcking out of the
stack/bricks can make the breezeblock bedroom wall shatter - any advice please. And when I say 'we' I obviously have a builder in but just want to
check.

Sponsored Links
More info required:

I presume that you've researched the extensive c/breast removal information on here?

Pics of the exposed c/breast cheeks where they join the return wall would help.

I've seen brick used as a facing on blockwork for c/breasts.

Can you be more accurate regarding what type of block is in-situ?

Is this an interior wall?

Back in the good old days when all new houses were built with a fire place, it was required to build all ground floor breasts, first floor breasts or flues, in brickwork to comply with local bye laws.
No matter whether the breezeblock wall you mention is the party jack or flank wall, a sharp bolster will cut then out like butter without damaging the blockwork. Should you cause a little damage, then just make good. The brickwork will only be tied in every 225mm high
Regards oldun

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back