Chimney breast - creative solution

"the chimney breast above has already been removed to ceiling level" OP Fri 11:32 PM

bernard, after setting fire to your hair that time (does it still hurt?), & last year gaining the Darwin, surely you dont want to appear at the Two Planks awards while still drooling.

Read the post you silly boy - read aloud and remember to move your lips OK. good boy. And after opening your mouth dont fall into it like you've done in your post.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Now now ...... sorry Vinn I thought gallows bracket was a similar to a heavy duty angled bracket, I was asking for affirmation really.

And what's the point in asking a question about purlins if this is your last reply ?

Anyway according the SE the sistered and bolted beams and stud work ( reinforced with OSB ) is enough to support the additional roof load.

Good luck with your issues but this will be my last post on this thread.
Apart from abusing other forum members :ROFLMAO:
"the chimney breast above has already been removed to ceiling level" OP Fri 11:32 PM

bernard, after setting fire to your hair that time (does it still hurt?), & last year gaining the Darwin, surely you dont want to appear at the Two Planks awards while still drooling.

Read the post you silly boy - read aloud and remember to move your lips OK. good boy. And after opening your mouth dont fall into it like you've done in your post.
The Darwin Awards are for people who have died. you could be right about a gallows bracket.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
bernard, after setting fire to your hair that time (does it still hurt?)

Tell me when that happened. Not when you dreamt in you imagination

""the chimney breast above has already been removed to ceiling level""

That does not make it 100% clear that the chimney stack above ceiling level has been removed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back