chimney problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Having problems with my chimney :(

Its not used any more but either the pot or attached TV ariel is now loose.
I want to pull it down and rebuild it like the other two have been, not bothered about the height as i said its not in use both connecting fire places have been bricked up and plastered over etc. The other two are about half the height so would like this one to be the same so as to match.
Also is it easy to reuse bricks so as to keep the same look, its not about saving money purely about how it looks.

How much work is involved in this and how long do you think it will take.
I have another pot to put on top the same as the other two, solid top with vents about a 1/4 of the way down the sides so it can still breath and keeps rain out i assume.

Thanks for your help

Martin

Sponsored Links
Cleaning up bricks is labour intensive so expensive.
Will need scaffold for job which is expensive.
A good brickie will probably take a day to day and half if he has a mate cleaning the bricks for him; allow 2 days though.
Check with local authority as planning may be needed if altering appearance of dwelling.

Hi

Having problems with my chimney :(

Its not used any more but either the pot or attached TV ariel is now loose.
I want to pull it down and rebuild it like the other two have been, not bothered about the height as i said its not in use both connecting fire places have been bricked up and plastered over etc. The other two are about half the height so would like this one to be the same so as to match.
Also is it easy to reuse bricks so as to keep the same look, its not about saving money purely about how it looks.

How much work is involved in this and how long do you think it will take.
I have another pot to put on top the same as the other two, solid top with vents about a 1/4 of the way down the sides so it can still breath and keeps rain out i assume.

Thanks for your help

Martin
hi martin, only clean and reuse the bricks if there stocks if there sand face flitton dont bother m8 there look crap

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back