Chimney type cooker hood going into cabinet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Know very little about cooker hoods, but trying to learn fast.

It looks like the most powerful are always the chimney type. Thing is I can't vent either behind, or above. but I can to the side. So is there anything to stop me getting one and feeding the 'chimney' into the bottom of a cabinet and from there running ducting through cabinets to the outside world? The total horizontal run from the chimney to the exterior face of the wall would be 1750mm, in one straight run.

I know the chimneys are purely decorative and hopefully I can find one which is either telescopic, or I just trim it and feed it into the bottom of the cabinet, where my dodgy sheet metalwork will be hidden anyway.

Most of the freestanding ones have an air change of 200 m3/h whereas chimney ones are around 500 m3/h.

thanks.

Sponsored Links
The chimneys cover the vent which is out of the top of the hood. Nothing to stop you loosing the chimney part, and butting it upto a cupboard, with perhaps a little trim around it.

Have a look here to see the guts:

hoodduct.jpg

Thanks. The wife thought that might look a bit cob. Turns out Miele make one which fits under a 300 x 600 wall unit, and is 550 m3/h, which is fine. So we'll go with that. The usual Miele price, but I don't mind paying for quality, and it's the thing I want.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back