chinese diesel heater, (12V webasto style)

Sponsored Links
If they are never cleaned, never serviced, then the glow pin can become choked up with burn on carbon, as well as choked the heat exchanger. Surrounded by carbon, the pin is much less effective, and so they can smoke at start up, and to some extent when up to full speed. The exhaust cannot rust, they are stainless steel.

I've seen complaints of smoke, smells and splits or bursts in the flexi pipe. I must have been wrong about the rust, thanks.

322004328_463046579349836_1311944728165706160_n.jpg

It maybe then draws around 1amp.
So thats 1amp X 12volt = 12 Watts right
So if you had a 110amp battery then at that it should last 110 hours? or dose it not work like this?

My Webasto heats the coolant, the coolant warm the engine, there is heat available in the heater water circuit, so if I turn my car's climate control system on, it will blow heat into the cabin, yes.
Im confused!
Are you saying that the heaters hot air fan is plumbed into the heater matrix as well? meaning that it will pump out hot water trough the radiator system and hot air though the heater matrix at the same time? Or dose it blow hot air into the back of the van/ car or bough?

You say your cars climate control system; dose that mean that your Webasto heater is wired to your car/ vans ECU and will not wire upto a different make or modal?
I don't know what van you are talking about...
So i take it it is a car then

Sponsored Links
The ones I hear about are factory fitted, with electronic controls and start up automatically dependent on ambient temperature and engine temperature. Owners of used vehicles are often bemused if they see smoke coming from under the bumper in cold weather as hardly anyone knows about them.
So if they are factory fitted then they must be wired into the ECU and will run on that one vehicle type only then.

The chinese ones i mention in the OP, are not! do as you please with them

If they are never cleaned, never serviced, then the glow pin can become choked up with burn on carbon, as well as choked the heat exchanger. Surrounded by carbon, the pin is much less effective, and so they can smoke at start up, and to some extent when up to full speed. The exhaust cannot rust, they are stainless steel.
The problems I watched on YT with people running them on waste engine oil where that they chocked up in side but not so much as the glow plug as this is one of the hottest points

But which type where they? Webasto or chinese ones
They are Webasto, and mostly around 20 years old, due to the car group.

The people reporting problems generally have no idea what they are, or that they have one. It's possible that the owners who do know, don't report problems.

You say direct from Venor! was it from hear https://uk.vevor.com/pages/contact-us
They look like a UK based company so any warranty with it?
How much did you pay; water pump as well or just heater?
Where do you run it?

Thanks
Just spoken to them on live chat; they no longer sell to the uk and the only place you can buy from them is the usual spam/ con sites. They also stated made in China. So think i will put this one to bed as another spam artist company with to many people wanting there heaters fixed in time

So thats 1amp X 12volt = 12 Watts right
So if you had a 110amp battery then at that it should last 110 hours? or dose it not work like this?

Unwise to discharge even a leisure type battery, more than 50%.

Im confused!
Are you saying that the heaters hot air fan is plumbed into the heater matrix as well? meaning that it will pump out hot water trough the radiator system and hot air though the heater matrix at the same time? Or dose it blow hot air into the back of the van/ car or bough?

You say your cars climate control system; dose that mean that your Webasto heater is wired to your car/ vans ECU and will not wire upto a different make or modal?

No, it is not designed to heat air, it heats water, the coolant water. A cars hot coolant system, is the normal way to provide warmth into a car. To then prewarm the car, the climate system is turned on, to blow air through the heater matrix, and around the car.

No, my Webasto, is integrated with my car's ECU, and it's plumbing, so not suitable to just move to another car, unless the same make/model.

Unwise to discharge even a leisure type battery, more than 50%.
They say you should never discharge a battery more then 50% and some even say no more then 30%. Where the battery drops below 12V on a health battery, on a percentage of discharge I do not know what this is!

No, it is not designed to heat air, it heats water, the coolant water. A cars hot coolant system, is the normal way to provide warmth into a car. To then prewarm the car, the climate system is turned on, to blow air through the heater matrix, and around the car.
OK so its the cars heater matrix system that pumps the hot air and not your heater
No, my Webasto, is integrated with my car's ECU, and it's plumbing, so not suitable to just move to another car, unless the same make/model.
So I guess Webasto have pretty much got the market stitched up on what you can do with it. And the other end of it is to get your heater to work on its own accord is rubbish off of ebay China. So I guess you are doomed if you do and domed if you dont!

Look like our Globalistic meg corps have got us stitched up again!

I can imagine the Webasco does not need many control signals

Turn on
Turn off
Higher Power
Lower power.

An ambient temperature thermostat, and a circulating water thermostat.

I've seen them advertised by car breakers quite cheaply.

I don't know how many connections it needs.

Shouldn't be many.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back