chinese diesel heater, (12V webasto style)

There are other options other than the choices named so far but they will cost five times more than the cheap chinese versions.

The type fitted to cars will not do what you want but a warm air heater from a lorry or a coach might but then you wont get the wiring harness or the controller so that is a non starter.

Sponsored Links
The type fitted to cars will not do what you want but a warm air heater from a lorry or a coach might but then you wont get the wiring harness or the controller so that is a non starter.

I would guess the lorry and coach versions, are warm air heaters, rather than water heaters, heating the coolant and entire engine. My Webasto is basically fitted, to overcome the issue of my BMW diesel engine being so very efficient, it produces very little waste heat - with the result it can take 20 miles to bring it to operating temperature if the cabin heater is in use.

An ex-ambulance heater, might be another option.

I would guess the lorry and coach versions, are warm air heaters, rather than water heaters, heating the coolant and entire engine. My Webasto is basically fitted, to overcome the issue of my BMW diesel engine being so very efficient, it produces very little waste heat - with the result it can take 20 miles to bring it to operating temperature if the cabin heater is in use.

An ex-ambulance heater, might be another option.
There is no guessing about it, that is why I typed Warm Air Heaters and said the type fitted to cars will not work for the OP.

Sponsored Links
I was hoping to buy a diesel heater to run it on waste oil after I got it up and running. Please see me OP

I dont think that there is anybody here running their diesel warm air heaters on waste oil.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back