removing voltage regulator from diesel heater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings!
I own one of the very popular 100 quid chiness diesel heaters seen hear
Have tried it on several batterys now and it wont power up! it keeps flashing error 1 code which according to the supplier is a low voltage cut off. They tell me when it drops below 10 volts it cuts off with the error 1 code. However this did not show as little as 10 volts with the multi meters

Would anyone know where to find this switch on the heater and if so to remove or deactivate it? Otherwise I will have to return it

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have tried it on several batterys now and it wont power up! it keeps flashing error 1 code which according to the supplier is a low voltage cut off. They tell me when it drops below 10 volts it cuts off with the error 1 code. However this did not show as little as 10 volts with the multi meters

I would imagine, it cuts off because it attempts to draw the initial 12 amps to begin to run, the battery volts falls below the essential 12v. Have your tried larger capacity 12v batteries, and adequate supply cables, to avoid volts drop?

Sponsored Links
I would imagine, it cuts off because it attempts to draw the initial 12 amps to begin to run, the battery volts falls below the essential 12v. Have your tried larger capacity 12v batteries, and adequate supply cables, to avoid volts drop?
The voltage did drop under load but as I said I was told it is 10 volt the cut off point
I dont have any more batterys to test it

You need 12v for it to start.
Leave it connected to the charger.

Last edited:
No, the charger outputs that, in order to put a charge into the battery.

Nope, the 10v limit is well below the voltage it would be safe to discharge a battery.
Well battery safety and disabling it are two completly different things
Why is it bad for the battery then, I mean I have a small car battery hear that I discharge to 4/5 volts and recharge it all of the time andstill holds 13+ volts

Removing safety devices is a very bad idea.

If the battery is dropping below 10V, the battery is ruined. Buy a new battery.
Well if the battery is cooked then cooking it more wont do any more harm to it i guess

I have just been doing some reading up on google and a few comments are that if the extension wire used is to long and to thin then that could cause it to "error 01" trip out

I am using a 10 meter length of 0.75mm2 coil which is thinner then the one meter of wire allready preinstalled onto the machine

I know that the length of cabal will create a voltage drop on DC electronics, but dose the wire being to thin create a voltage drop as well??? or could it be another sensor on the machine? or is the "wire being to thin for it to trip theory" be a load of rubbish?

I presume your Webasco heater has a simular cut off switch

I know that the length of cabal will create a voltage drop on DC electronics, but dose the wire being to thin create a voltage drop as well???

Naturally, Voltage drop is comes about due to resistance, not physical length and is not limited to DC supplies either

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back