chipboard flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to put down chipboard flooring and then seal it - not cover over it. Has anyone done this before?

Sponsored Links
Forget Chipboard, I have it i my extension and its horrible. Anytime anyone walks across the floor you can feel yourself bounce and it creaks a lot. In the kitchen water got onto it and destroyed the tongue & groove join between two sheets and there was no support underneath. When I had my loft extension done, I made sure I got wooden planks and have had no problems. Another problem is if you need to lift up the floor, it comes in large pieces unlike ordinary planking

Has anyone got any tips for stopping a chipboard floor from creaking ?

Sponsored Links
rub talcum powder into the cracks
also check the screws are tight

big all

Im putting the stuff in my loft as a cheap alternative. It doesnt get that much wear in the loft so it should hopefully be ok for about 10 years

putting in your loft is fine, as long as you dont spend a lot of time up there.

John, from what you have said it does sound like your floor wasn't laid properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back