Choc Blocks

Sponsored Links
That's a complicated one to answer.

I'm forever having to do non-notifiable electrical work in the context of plumbing and heating, but without having had any training to do it, so I've been looking into becoming a registered "domestic installer"; the problem seems to be lack of time...

I was always told that behind a socket you should always use crimps. I don't thing crimps work as well on solid core.

As for the choc blocks, I connect both wires to the same side of the block and use both screws.

Why don't use insolation tape? Is this the theory again that it can collect moisture and trip the RCD?

Thanks for your advise

Sponsored Links
trouble with insulation tape is if its been on for a while it leaves a horrible sticky mess for anyone who has to work on it and it really isn't nessacery on terminal block inside an enclosure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back