Choice of 2 drills?

I never get that problem with my Makita - but have had it with both Ryobis. Even when brand new.

Sponsored Links
i have 6 nicads 7 to 5 years old yes some wont hold a chagre for more than a few weeks but they will all give at least 60% capacity after charging and will hold that charge for at least 2 days

this is why i say number your batteries and take note of the very good the good the bad and very bad so when you need 2 good batteries you take the 2 good uns with you

I did look at that Bosch but i think its only a 10mm chuck compared to the 13mm on the others.

Sponsored Links
I did look at that Bosch but i think its only a 10mm chuck compared to the 13mm on the others.

Do you have anything bigger than 10mm to put into it?

yeah i have some tank hole cutters that have about a 12mm square end which i use quite a bit.

can anyone see the main differences on the 2 drills i can only see the specs that the sites are selling but would like to know which has the better torque etc?

Do you have anything bigger than 10mm to put into it?

yeah i have some tank hole cutters that have about a 12mm square end which i use quite a bit.

can anyone see the main differences on the 2 drills i can only see the specs that the sites are selling but would like to know which has the better torque etc?

Get a proper 10mm fitting for 'em then, because that Bosch is far superior to the others.

Why is that one much better?

Also does it matter the voltage etc as that one is 14 and the others are 18v.

Im not that sure on the tech spec side so would love to know what makes this one better then i may consider changing my hole cutters lol

the voltage is the size off the engine the ah is the fuel tank
so 14.4 is 20% less power than 18v 1.3ah is very low for continuous use but wont be a problem as you can short charge li-ions

i personally would not go for 14.4 because manufacturers dont tend to make many tools for there 14.4v range you tend to get 2 to 5 times the number off tools for 18v over the 14.4v

The problem with Ryobi is the batteries go flat when you don't use them for a week.

that applies to all nicads although a week is when a battery is very old near the end off its life :D
Having used ni-cad in the past and since having used lith-ion, there is simply no way i will buy ni-cad again.

The difference in performance (for a professional) is laughable.

Having used ni-cad in the past and since having used lith-ion, there is simply no way i will buy ni-cad again.

The difference in performance (for a professional) is laughable.

yes i fully agree when i leave the workshop the only use for nicads is for the radio or worklight :D
although with 10 li-ions 3nmh and 13 nicads over 4 tool "sets" i dont alway have the full choice :D

I currently have the Bosch PSB 14.4vi:-
http://www.tools4trade.com/d-2029014-Bosch-PSB-144V-Cordless-DIY-Combi-Hammer-Drill.aspx
Does anyone know how the spec for this compares with the 2 i posted at all?

No-Load Speed............ rpm 0-2100
Impact rate............... p/min 23100
Rated Torque.............. Nm 5.4

Im also not sure what they mean by :-
Concrete.............. mm 10
Brickwork..............mm 10
Steel.................... mm 10
Wood ...................mm 20

Well get the drill and buy a 13mm chuck for it.
Done this many times when the existing chuck was too small for particular bits or hole saws.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back