Choosing a new uPVC side door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking to change the old upvc balcony door which is located in the kitchen.

The current door has a threshold plate, and opens outwards (however, it was designed to open inwards, it's flipped).

I have realised that none of the second hand replacement I'm interested in have a threshold and have a different, inwards opening system (as seen in the picture).

Is anyone able to advise me whether I could cut off the door frame at the bottom, having a free standing door, then install a threshold plate, thus, fitting a like for like replacement?

Cheers

PS: by bottom part of the frame, I mean to get rid of the sill and the frame, then to level out the sides so they can stand independently.

224BA9DD-844D-4492-AC52-FC35FDCCA220_4_5005_c.jpeg

Sponsored Links
not sure what the difference in ' opening system ' would be... can't tell from that pic. If i'm understanding you right, you are after a ' wheelchair ' threshold type set up... which you won't be able to do by removing the cill AND the existing threshold, you'd struggle to get it weather tight,.

quick question , are we looking at the outside face of the existing door in your picture?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back