Choosing bathroom fittings

I’m just in the middle of a refresh and I’m changing the bath, basin, taps, floating vanity unit, shower screen and bath panel. Bought the lot from better bathrooms and it doesn’t seem too bad - we've paid much more for similar quality. This is the 4th bathroom we are on in this house and we paid around £700 for the lot. I’m not kidding but the gold towel rail we bought for our first bathroom in the early nineties cost more than that! No doubt she'll want a change again in a few years time so I’m done with spending big money on stuff she gets fed up with. Tip I've learned - let them pick the stuff and there’ll be no moaning about things.

I spoke too soon! I had one minor niggle when I fitted my shower screen. It leaked and I noticed the upright seal on the hinged door was torn. I temporarily swapped the inner with the outer one and all was fine. That was a few weeks ago so today I went up there to get it sorted and......they’re in administration! :ROFLMAO: Oh well, I think I’ll look hard and find a few more faults and go through the credit card company for a refund. Might as well make it worth my while ..... :whistle:

Sponsored Links
Now in administration.

Bought a new bog from Batter Bathrooms just a few weeks ago as part of a complete bathroom refit;...the bog was a really good deal,...it’s fitted and working fine, but I’m due some money from ‘TopCashBack’ as part of the purchase deal;,...it’s about £10 so we’re talking big bucks here! :mrgreen:

What are my chances do you reckon? ...I’m not holding my breath tbh. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Bought a new bog from Batter Bathrooms just a few weeks ago as part of a complete bathroom refit;...the bog was a really good deal,...it’s fitted and working fine, but I’m due some money from ‘TopCashBack’ as part of the purchase deal;,...it’s about £10 so we’re talking big bucks here! :mrgreen:

What are my chances do you reckon? ...I’m not holding my breath tbh. :cry:

I made the silly mistake of pre-ordering a shower tray they'd not got in stock, and paying cash for it. 2 days later, they went poof. Reckon I'll get 5p in the pound if I'm lucky :-/

Wonder what happened to @danrkelly? Asked all those questions and hasn't been back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back