Choosing concealed closer for fire door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the replies regarding my general fire door questions last week.

I've now bought my hinges and strips and ordered the doors but today I was only offered £100+ Perko perkomatic or the small much cheaper variant at £15ea approx

My doors are a Premdor FD30 four panel, so although unsure of the weight, I doubt they're hugely heavy. Will the much cheaper variant work ok? I'm concerned about the doors banging. I thought there was an option maybe £40-50ea which would've been good but the fancy perkomatic looks like about £250 for a pair (I just need two), a bit pricey.

Again any help appreciated! Thanks

Sponsored Links
There are cheaper versions around, but you need to be sure that they meet the regulations. One, which I'd rather not name, is made in China and makes some less than substantiated claims regarding Approved Document M.

The 'Perkomatic' that you talk about is, in fact, called Powermatic. It's British designed and manufactured and the reason it carries a premium is probably due to this and the quality, reliability, etc. I know a few people that have used them and swear by them, but they can justify the premium because of what they need from this type of door closer - concealment, better looking doors and interiors, etc.

If it's a fire-rated, concealed door closer that you need, there aren't too many cheap options around as far as I know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back