Christmas meeting/party ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is another site, rather similar to this one, which is organising a meeting next month in a central location on the 6th December. It will be a dinner followed by a disco. The members, rather surprisingly, chose a more expensive option with unlimited drinks included!

This will be in Coventry ( which is far more central than Chesterfield! ) with people coming from as far away as Kinson in Bournemouth ( or did I get the wrong heating firm there? )

What would people think about DIYnot organising something similar for us?

Tony

Note to Admin, watch this post!

Sponsored Links
Will we be able to continue the locked threads in person? :eek:

Will the mods wear "I'm a Mod" badges for identification

Will there be a "secret santa"?

Been mooted several times before by Ninebob I think.... TNA

Sponsored Links
I suggested this on October 3 2007 but sadly it got locked on page 2. At that time Breezer posted a reply to say that it had been tried before but without success. Always the optimist, I hope you have better luck.

PS Joe90 and not665 offered to provide the music.

I suggested this on October 3 2007 but sadly it got locked on page 2. At that time Breezer posted a reply to say that it had been tried before but without success. Always the optimist, I hope you have better luck.

PS Joe90 and not665 offered to provide the music.

I don't think not665 will be available, sadly missed. :(

I'm not convinced putting Happyskyper, Softus , Namsag , Trundletricks , AtoZ and Bigburner in the same room with alcohol is perhaps the smartest idea ;)

I'm not convinced putting Happyskyper, Softus , Namsag , Trundletricks , AtoZ and Bigburner in the same room with alcohol is perhaps the smartest idea ;)

Of course it is, a Winter Festival party wouldn't be the same without a good old punch-up :LOL:

And in the blue corner wearing the gold sequined jock strap is Softus up against Happyskyper dressed as a troll. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

And in the blue corner wearing the gold sequined jock strap is Softus up against Happyskyper dressed as a troll. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The last thread that Happtskyper introduced was "A quote for my mate SOFTUS". I think that trying to break up such good friends is despicable.

PS Sorry Softus.

Boxcleva providing you kept me 300mm from turdy tricks it would be regarded as perfectly safe. :LOL:

Nice enough idea Tony but its not for me thanks. Apart from anything else its a hike and a half from The Toon to Coventry. That's not a criticism by the way. I realise Coventry is probably about as central as you can get, its just too far for me. That and the fact that I cannot drink at the minute! Great Christmas I'm gonna have. All the in-laws round and me sober! Did I say I was thinking of taking up walking? Yeah, long walks about mid afternoon!!! :D

I think it would be a good idea to re-locate the venue... LIVERPOOL!

I mean thats about equal distance for us all to travel to, isn't it guys :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back