Chrome Bottle Trap - How Do I Secure The Waste Pipe HELP!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I thought I would be clever and purchase a cloakroom corner basin and chrome bottle trap from Ebay (turns out that wasn't the best of ideas). Anyhow, do you guys have any ideas on how to fit the chrome waste pipe to the 32 mm waste pipe (please see images that show the definate size differences). Thanks in advance

GALLERY]

GALLERY]

Cheers

/C

Sponsored Links
You've going to have the sleeve it with increasingly larger pieces of pipe... it doesn't have to be marketed as "pipe" from your local builders merchant, but as long as it's PVC and it's cylindrical then the cement will stick it...

...Good luck!

Nozzle

Thanks Nozzle, I'm tempted to send the lot back as it doesn't seem fit for purpose (it's hard enough doing these jobs without the added complications). I'm guessing these types of traps are all the same???

Thanks again

/C

Sponsored Links
Send it back, it will never seal properly. Even the good ones have trouble sealing.

Can you measure the diameter of the chrome pipe and let us know? If that's 32mm white plastic then the diameter of the chrome is about 25mm which is very unusual, even for ebay.

If so you may have drainage issues depending on the basin usage.

HI Rob, I'm sure it's 32mm [white waste pipe]. I'll measure it up when I get home and post the measurements here. Thanks again.

/C

Jim, you are a star and if we ever meet I'm going to kiss you. Perfect, that way any leaks will be outside of my stud wall.

Thanks again

/C

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back