Chrome sink strainer plug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to get a new chrome basket strainer plug ONLY, but can only seem to find that the whole waste including the strainer plug is sold together. I have a granite sink but do not know the make of it. I have tried several other strainer plugs borrowed from friends/family to see if they fit. some do but eventhen they don't keep the water in.
I have put some photo's on my site for any one to see the type of plug. The underneath of the pug usually has a large rubber seal but that has come off and has been thrown away (by accident). The plug measures 80mm .

I do hope someone can help me as I am getting so frustrated regarding this problem, having tried to find a strainer plug on it's own.

Here's hoping - snakehips

Sponsored Links
Do you have a manufacturers name ?

If you don't I suspect you might be stuffed.

Take some piccies and get along to your oldest most established plumbers merchants and see if they can identify it.

I think you will struggle to get just the plug. I ended up getting plug & fitting from *crewfox. Basket strainer £4.88 Number 97562
JonB

Take some piccies and get along to your oldest most established plumbers merchants and see if they can identify it.

Hi Many thanks for reply, no I don't have manufactures name, sink is only 5 years old. When I went to price a basket plug, and was told that I had to buy the whole thing, I was quoted £12-16 pounds. So £4.88 is very cheap.Can I get hold of Crewfox on line?

many thanks snakehips

Sponsored Links

The sink is only 5 years old, it's a bit much that I might have to buy the whole waste and plug, just to get the plug, plus the incconvenience of replacing the whole waste.
many thanks
snakehips

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back