Chrome spray paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please recommend a good Chrome spray paint to spray a badge on a car.

Thanks
JamesEB

Sponsored Links
no, paint will never look like chrome.

What sort of badge is it? You might get one from a breaker on ebay for a few pounds.

photo may help.

I have seen a few demos on YouTube.
I tried one about ten years ago and it was ****.

no, paint will never look like chrome.

What sort of badge is it? You might get one from a breaker on ebay for a few pounds.

photo may help.

Thanks. They are on a Toyota tailgate. I tried eBay and Breakers Yards

There is quite a lot on Google about sprays some said to be good some bad and it's hard to know

Sponsored Links
some said to be good

review written by the vendors mum.

How about a photo?

I had a bonnet badge. Round with a couple of ellipses in it.

Yours may not be unique to one model.

review written by the vendors mum.

How about a photo?

I had a bonnet badge. Round with a couple of ellipses in it.

Yours may not be unique to one model.

Thanks.

I'll try the photo again

Attachments

• Tailgate badges.jpg
    Tailgate badges.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 171
I think the nearest you’ll get is a very bright silver from customising paint ranges such as Duplicolor, James......excellent though they are they won’t duplicate a chrome finish.
If ebay can’t rescue you then a main dealer probably could - at a price!
Motor factors do stock a range of stick on chrome letters/numbers but of course they won’t be the same font as Toyota.
John :)

I think the nearest you’ll get is a very bright silver from customising paint ranges such as Duplicolor, James......excellent though they are they won’t duplicate a chrome finish.
If ebay can’t rescue you then a main dealer probably could - at a price!
Motor factors do stock a range of stick on chrome letters/numbers but of course they won’t be the same font as Toyota.

Thanks. I've tried the main dealer and the badges are no longer made.

If its very important to you, then anodising could be the way - again at a price of course.
I do see some bumper damage in your picture - but only you can decide if the badge work is worth it.
The badges are usually made from a high zinc content alloy and are quite brittle.....happily they are stuck on these days, rather than pegged on!

In another thread someone talks about bead blasted and replated.

Where could that be done?

Try googling soda blasting......its a much softer medium than bead or grit.
I think the greatest problem would be finding someone to take on such a small job though.

Do you know anyone who does the chrome replating please?

Thanks for help

Do you know anyone who does the chrome replating please?

Thanks for help

Even if you find one prepared to do a small one off, the price will be prohibitive. What make and model and year is the car?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back