Chrome towel rad with connections on side, not bottom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are doing up our bathroom and we bought a chrome towel rad that has the fitting connections on the bottom. The current rad in the bathroom has the fittings on the side.

Ordinarily I would move the pipe under the floor, but it has been tinkered with by previous owners for a loft installation and this would involve having to reconnect 2 other rads (there are t-pieces under the floor for the other 2).

Not keen on using those rad tails because it looks naff and the general consensus is that they leak after a while.

So, I can still return the rad we bought (for another 60 days or so), so wondering if anyone knows of a source of chrome towel rads with the fittings on the side, so it will be a better fit for the current valves?

Many thanks,
Ben

Sponsored Links
Ben,

Don't think there are any that have side entry, just not they way they are designed.

Mesausre the pipe centres on your existing pipework and see if you can get a towel rail the same width.

Other than that, you are going to have to change the pipewprk.

Rico

Rico,

Thanks for speedy response.

This is what I feared. I will post a pic tomorrow to illustrate the problem - there is a rad on the other side of the wall and the installers decided to tee off the pipes in the bathroom and go through the wall rather than go under the floor! (Think this was done when they did a loft conversion). So, there's a coupl eof pipes that run along the bathroom wall.

Also, to add to the problem - not easy to shift the point at which the pipes pop up through the floor because there are joists in the way and the location of the pipes is about mid-span.

Chers,
Ben

ben why dont you just get a plumber in to re-route it all saves all hassle and complications if i lived closer i would come do it for you!!!

Sponsored Links
You could try for one like this
R5204C_sm.jpg

They also come with a radiator in the middle f that is your desire.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back