chuck removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have a DeWalt C925 14.4V drill. The chuck on it is temperamental and I would like to replace it, but the chuck doesn't have a screw in it to aid the release of the chuck. Does anybody know how to get them off?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
if you're certain there's not retaining screw ( there usually is on reversible drills. ) then just put the largest allen key you can fit into the chuck, and then either use the shock method ( hit the allen key with a hammer really hard, making sure to go the right way ), or put the allen key in a vice and use the drill itself to undo the chuck ( again making sure you go the right way.. )

If the chuck is a threaded type then the thread would be left handed so to undo you would have to rotate the chuck clockwise to undo and anti clockwise to refit. As our friend said earlier, put the largest allen key in the chuck and tighten it into the chuck and using a copper mallet hit the key in a clockwise direction, might be a good idea to wear goggles as I have know some cheap make allen keys to shatter. I have a de-walt SDS drill with a jacobos chuck attachment and the chuck itself has a female thread and the adaptor has the male thread and there is no securing screw inside the chuck. Regards....

No, the chuck will be right-hand threaded. The retaining screw is left-hand threaded.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back