Circuit Dilemma...

What you mean is, when bas makes a decree it must be instantly adherred to because bas rules this forum. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
No - what I mean is if you are wrong, I will tell you so.

If you keep on being wrong, I will keep on telling you so.

You may try all you like to deflect attention from the fact that you are wrong by making out that it is unreasonable for people to point that out, and that if they do they should be mocked, but that will only add to the problems you have which stem from you being wrong.

"pursuit of accuracy and safety" + pernickety nitpicking more like.
You were falsely telling someone that the law did not apply to him.

It is not pernickety nitpicking to correct an error like that.

Sponsored Links
"pursuit of accuracy and safety" + pernickety nitpicking more like.
The terminology is unimportant, so feel free to pick holes in the words I chose - it doesn't change the fact that you're not competent to either work or advise on UK electrical installations.

One day you will realise that even after your thousands posts nobody in the real world could give a damn what you say
Well, you seem to have put a lot of effort into not caring.

I'm not really interested in this kind of banter with you, holmslaw, especially since so many of your posts aim (and fail) to be personally insulting and/or abusive without getting to the nub of the technical point(s) being raised.

Someone has to end this particular dialogue, so I propose, on this occasion, that it's me. Feel free to jibe away, but you'll only be playing to the gallery.

Sponsored Links
Identifying cable sizes isn't always easy. Best bet is to do what you've already tried and hold up a piece of 1mm and 1.5mm next to your wiring and compare. Obviously if you have 1mm cable then you'll need a 5 or 6A fuse. And smaller circuits!

thanks for all of the advice on this one guys - it's been very useful. i have discovered that the lighting circuit is in fact on 1mm cable - so i'm going to get our electrician to split the circuit and put the downstairs lights onto the spare fuse in the CU.
in the meantime, i have a little bit of rewiring and a light to replace upstairs. is it ok to use 1.5mm cable, or should i use 1mm?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back