Circuit wiring - Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There, think this maybe an obvious answer. Had an electrician wire up my new garden room. New circuit run from garage circuit. I have upgraded the swa from House CU to 10mm to garage CU then a 6mm SWA to garden room CU. Electrics just cut out and when I switched it back on, house CU, I noticed that the 10mm cable to the house CU is running from a 16amp fuse. But downstream I have appliances on 32amp fuses. Am I right in saying that the main CU fuse should be at least 32amps if not higher? And I need them round to upgrade this?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
When one sets out a system it is normal to slowly reduce MCB and RCD sizes. However one often buys consumer units populated, and the MCB is no more than a switch.

My house total supply is 60 amp, so limiting supply to out buildings would make sense.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back