kitchen wiring 2 ovens and a induction hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
help please, i need some advice, i have 2 new ovens to fit both need a 16amp hard wired circuit and a hob which require a 32amp supply, i have a 10mm cable running from the fuse board to the kitchen which is on a 32amp . if i fit a new 3 way cu in a kitchen cupboard with 2 x16 amp and a 32 amp would this be ok, and would i have to replace the 32 amp fuse in the main fuseboard with a 45amp fuse,

Sponsored Links
What is the Wattage of the ovens and hob?

Fuses do not come in 32A. Is it 30A or do you have circuit breakers?

ovens are
Total Connected Load (kW) 3.65 x 2
and induction hob is
Electrical connection rating (W) 7,400 W

Sponsored Links
Unless these are exceptionally unusual ovens which are grossly overpowered then two of these: https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/AA45DCOP.html and the circuit you already have is all that's needed.

So what you are thinking is something like:

10mm into one of them.
Induction connection off it.
Another cable (4mm or 6mm) off to the second dual outlet
2 ovens connected to the second dual outlet

There is some value in have the ability to independently switch off ( double pole isolation ) the supply to each one item while leaving the other two with supply..

If they are all hardwired directly to the incoming 10mm then a fault on one of them that trips the RCD or MCB will prevent any of them being used until the hardwired connection has been undone to isolate the faulty appliance,.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back