new oven plz help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the old oven was on 32 amp mcb, the new oven should be on 16amp because its 3.5kw, the mcb was derrated to 16 amp , but the switch is still 32amp should i get a new 16 amp switch ??? please advice :rolleyes: what will happen if i keep old 32amp switch

Sponsored Links
The same as if you put tyres rated to 200mph on a car which can only do 100mph, or if you put a TV weighing 25kg on a table which can support 50kg, or if you put a 50W bulb in a light which can take a 100W one.

i.e. it'll be fine, it's only if the switch is rated at less than the current passing through it that you need to worry.

Thank you very much, can you please 100% confirm that its fine and are you an electrician? Because i'm panicking now and scared to cook on it LOL

can you please 100% confirm that its fine
Yes.

and are you an electrician?
Only sort of.

Because i'm panicking now and scared to cook on it LOL
It's a bit late to be cooking anyway, but your local Indian/Chinese will probably be open for another 50 minutes. Too late if you fancy fish & chips though.

Maybe a real electrician will turn up before breakfast time.

Sponsored Links
Indian sound good.

He is .......correct :D

You should thank him, there is a button

I won't, tummy now grumbling and want curry. :cry:

I'm an electrician. trust BAS. He's giving the correct advice.

Do wait for another 50 people to say its OK too if you like.

I do wonder about your ability to connect the oven up on your own though,

or cross the road :rolleyes:

i am a woman you know and i didn't connect oven lol a professional did but i only thought about a switch now and its too late to call him and ask i just need to be sure sorry if it was a silly question

It was not a silly question, Just a wise decision to check :D

I am getting really hungry now, damm that curry talk.

What food you you like to cook :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back