fitted oven (s) breaker box

Sponsored Links
Incase anything else got added in furure but highly doubt it. I found a wylex 32 mcb in screw fix for under a fiver. Im sure I have a 32mcb in house somewhere but its a diff manufacturer mkm I think . Would another breaker fit a wylex box

Had a look at the wylex cu. It has a 6 mcb and 40rcd so just need to put a 32mcb in for oven. Should the 40rcd be uprated to a higher one.
Why isn't the electrician who is going to do the work making his own decisions?

Yes it's a new circuit that's connected but not commissioned yet.
But it's not, is it? If it isn't already complete, with a protective device, then it isn't a circuit.

And as it's a new one it will need testing, and certifying, and Building Regulations approval obtained. And if you do the work you have to apply for the approval before you start.

Do you know what tests you would carry out on the circuit - what sequence you'd do them in and at what point you would energise it, and for each test do you know what is being measured, why it is important, how you would carry out the test, and with what equipment, and what sort of results you would expect to get if everything was OK?

I do not think that you will be able to present a credible plan on how you will ensure compliance with Part P.

Please don't do this work yourself - you really don't seem to have a good enough grasp of what's involved.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Incase anything else got added in furure but highly doubt it. I found a wylex 32 mcb in screw fix for under a fiver. Im sure I have a 32mcb in house somewhere but its a diff manufacturer mkm I think . Would another breaker fit a wylex box
Please get an electrician.

Cant afford one till july when I get a new cu fitted.(at moment saving to get boiler fixed) But need my ovens to work

They are two 16 amp ovens so a 32.

I would do a test on the earth to make sure it has good bonding. Do a test on the neutral. make sure the breakers work with test button.

But in july it will all get changed. and then they can certificate it .

I know testing without a mega aint accurate .

Ban. I was thinking that about the free leccy. Might just leave the meter but they are upgrading them all anyway

On the grounds that you clearly aren't going to listen to a single word anybody says to you that does not agree with what you have already decided to do, I'm out.

hi ban
I am listning to whats being said. You have helped me with things in the past and your info is always Thanked for.

I havent decided what to do.

All I was going to do was add a 32mcb . Not touch the main breaker. The cable and ovens was installed by a spark that works at my work (hes not registered as he does show electrics)

He fed the cable . Did tests for breaks in cable.
And said all I had to do was install a 32mcb wire it up like the rest.

But in july getting cu changed as some fuse holders are broken and it will integrated both cus and I will get a certificate .

m sure I have a 32mcb in house somewhere but its a diff manufacturer mkm I think . Would another breaker fit a wylex box
Let's suppose you have a Toyota car. The brake calliper has seized. Somewhere in your garage you have a brake calliper from a Mini, would it be a sensible plan to try and fit that??:rolleyes:

Hi.
Im going to get the correct wylex mcb and a megger and voltage tester.

Its only for that one circuit.

Let's suppose you have a Toyota car. The brake calliper has seized. Somewhere in your garage you have a brake calliper from a Mini, would it be a sensible plan to try and fit that??:rolleyes:
In other words "no".
To be honest I've done that all through our extension, used wickes back boxes and mk sockets, is that interchangeable alright? Hard to know what's interchangeable and what isn't unless you ask!

Consumer unit parts are not designed as one size fits all. They are designed and tested as a unit. No CU maker tests his CU with other makes of components.

Have a look at a Wylex CU. See the main switch us at one end. Now look at an MK CU: ooh the main switch is at the opposite end...

Often the busbar positions are different, so a "foreign" MCB just doesn't fit.
Also, it just looks awful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back