oven position in unit.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just done the kitchen (well almost), one of those blimmin ikea ones with no service space. think i might have made a booboo, i put a dual pattress with 2 side by side fcu's, which will be behind the oven.

oven arrived and its 3.4 kw,... , i expected it to be a 13amp plug, but i bought it online, so no info. okay no problem, i have a dedicated oven circut so i can connect to that, is it ok to connect my oven to the dedicated oven circuit even though protected by a 32 amp mcb. or should i change the mcb in the ccu for a 16amp,

also, the back of the oven is a great fit but it is touching the fcu's that i fitted, is there a distance such a heating appliance would have to be from the fcu.

lastly and it is probably the wrong part of this forum, i am fitting a gas hob so would the gas pipe running quite near the oven but not touching it be a problem or is it a boom boom scenario. will await a reply before i blow meself up.

Sponsored Links
How about partially chasing in the dual patress? I've done this and works fine - knock off the plaster and fix to the brickwork.

Your new oven can draw nearly 15A, so yes if it was me then I'd stick it on a 16A mcb. Presumabley you ran the circuit in 4 or 6mm?

Dunno about gas - or even if you are allowed to do this yourself?

(The same with the electrics as it's in a kitchen, but I can't be bothered to go into part P)

SB

PS I hate Ikea kitchens, always add on a whack when customers tell me that's what their having... :rolleyes:

its a metal box dual pattress sparkybird so already chased in, i keep banging me head off the corner of a wall unit, (same spot) trying to look behind the oven and realise i am about 15 mm off the fcu's so gonna try it, i've got the fcu's wired into the ring main see, thats why i was a bit hesitant. cant see down behind units cos thats where ikea put a lump of wood to hold the units together. will take your advice about the 16amp mcb. makes sense really. ikea kitchens, they're ok, but why dont they listen to the kitchen fitters and diyers who always complain about how imaginative you have to be to fit them, im fed up chopping out bits here and there to go round me pipework, dont they have pipes in sweden or something.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back