Circular dry lining box cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've some led strip lights to fit in my garage, the wirings just 2 cables out the end.

To make wiring and any future maintenance easier I was thinking of installing circular dry lining boxes next to the light then I just need a bit of flex from the box to light, what I can't seem to find are circular covers that fit the dry lining boxes or are they supposed to be used with square faceplates? I don't need it to have a hole for the cable I'll make my own.

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

I've some led strip lights to fit in my garage, the wirings just 2 cables out the end.

To make wiring and any future maintenance easier I was thinking of installing circular dry lining boxes next to the light then I just need a bit of flex from the box to light, what I can't seem to find are circular covers that fit the dry lining boxes or are they supposed to be used with square faceplates? I don't need it to have a hole for the cable I'll make my own.

Thanks
Chris
I've never handled a round drylining box myself but are they the same dimensions as these:

BESA BOX lids will fit, metal or plastic, black or white options, also there are oversize versions.
One issue as they are normally for besa boxes the fixing holes are bigger to take 4mm and up to roundhead 2ba screws, whereas dry lining box screws are only 3.5 countersunk

Sponsored Links
Nothing stopping me using a square box with a face plate with flex outlet, circular box will be quicker from a cutting out point of view is probably the main advantage

any reason not to use Square - not sure on regs etc

cant find any blanking plates - maybe a call to TLC or CEF etc
TOOLSTATION!!!

I saw those lids and will look at both together next time I'm in just didn't know if anyone knew the definite answer

I don't know... Would you fit a metal lid to an unearthed plastic box?

If a metal lid is used then it needs to be earthed. Arranging for a metal lid on a plastic box to be earthed is likely to be a PITA.

I'll be using plastic if I go that route, they'll fit in with the whitewashed ceiling better

A round conduit box lid, as suggested, with a CTS gland drilled through the middle seems the logical solution to me.

They also do an oversized (overlapping) round conduit box lid, which is more likely to cover the circular dry-line box.

Though haven't used one for decades now, but presume they still make them.

IMG_20221103_141051.jpg

IMG_20221103_141105.jpg

I can confirm the covers suggested from toolstation do indeed fit nicely to a circular dry lining box, not checked the screws yet but it'll not be an issue if I have to put a small washer under the heads to make it work

IMG_20221103_142647.jpg

Faceplate screws just pick up the cover they should secure it fine, they probably never be removed once fitted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back