circular patio drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About to dig an s shaped edged patio. But how to drain the run off ? I can't find any curved channel drains - is there such a thing?
I don't want to use a gravel edge as it would fill with leaves due to near by trees - and I hate weeding !
I think I can link whatever the drain is to wherever the garage roof drains out to (prob a soakaway but no clue yet).

Any thoughts folks?

many thanks,
John.

Sponsored Links
There is no off the shelf curving linear drain unit. What is beyond the proposed edge? Flower bed/ lawn? I'm guessing you dont have an s shaped boundary fence.

If your very clever you could rig up some sort of system using a flexible land drain pipe and some kerbs but it would be very difficult and may not work in the long term.

How big is the area and can you not fall it the other direction?

it's like a l-shape I guess. If you looked at it from the garden - garage protruding, then falling back to the main house wall and then protruding out again with teh conservatory. So, I have no choice but fall it outwards I thinks?
It's falling onto grass and the patio surface area's about 28m squared. I was thinking of just creating soakaway and hoping (!!!) that it would just generally help the front of the patio - does that make any sense ? Or maybe making sure that the whole area in front is very gravelly with grass over it ?

Sponsored Links
28m isn't that big so falling to grass may be ok as long as your garden drains alright.

You could fall it to linear drains against the house wall but this is never a good idea unless its unavoidable.

If your garden drains ok and If you do a little work adding a french drain along the lawn edge it should be fine in all but the worst wet spells.

wrathkeg: thanks - but I don't want pebbles, I have a large oak tree and I get fed up with all the detritus from that getting caught up.
r896neo: Thanks. our lawn is always a bit soggy at the best of times. Although we are on gravel I think there must be clay as well somewhere. Ah well, I guess I'll leave it and then try to fix it retro if it's a problem - thanks for your help.
John.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back