Circular saw diameter and bore size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
id like to buy a good DIYer circular saw, but am a bit stumped in choosing one because of all the different blade diameters and bore sizes.

What are the most common diameters/bore sizes, so that getting replacement blades is somewhat easier.

I know you can get reducing rings to fit larger bore blades, but I understand these don't always work.

Thanks,
Ian

Sponsored Links
You'll often find that replacement blades have various reducing inserts to suit various machine arbors. I get mine from Toolstation as they have a reasonable choice and the quality seems fine......Titan, I think they are - low budget gear but good enough for the use I give them.
John :)

Standard trade sizes are 165, 190 and 210mm. The bore on European saws is 30mm for saws over about 170mm and 20mm below that size. DIY sizes and bores on the other hand seem to be all over the place

Sponsored Links
Well what you have to consider is what you're going to be using it to cut. The greater the size of the material the larger the saw you'll need. I think most common saws are around 210mm. Also are you looking at battery or mains powered? In recent years battery powered circular saws have come along way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back