Circular Saws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a circular saw, only to be used very occasionally, mainly to cut some plant on end panels in the new kitchen to ensure a nice straight cut.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Go for the bog standard models from skil, bosch green or ryobi and you'll do ok.

I've got a cheapish saw with the most expensive blade I could afford, basically the blade cost almost as much as the saw. but the finish I get is really good.

I've got a MacAllister I bought from B&Q as I don't use a circular saw that often, was the highest power output per £ I could find at the time and it's been faultless for occasional use. Even has a laser sighting guide which is mega-useful. Three year warranty as well which is nice :D

Sponsored Links
I also bought my (occasional use) hand held circular from B&Q (own brand) and it hasn't let me down in six 'n' half years.

:idea: You must keep the blade teeth keen though. :idea:

I have a permanent sharp blade at the ready for both my circular saws. So, always buy a spare when purchasing a new saw. It only costs a few quid to have the tips sharpened.

Hi,

I would recommend Bosch DIY range as a cheaper saw, but do not suggest Skil, Black & Decker or ryobi (poor build quality in my opinion). Above all though invest in a good fine toothed blade for detailed work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back