circular saws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
buds i have porter cable saw 5 years old. wondering what you think of circular saws with lasers do you think they are accurate some have single lasers and some with double. i would have thought that they would be easy to damage do you posses one do you like?

Sponsored Links
I await ridicule but I've got an Erbauer circular, with laser, and it cost around £70 a year ago......its had loads of grief, got through 3 blades and still going strong. The laser beam is spot on too and not such a gimmick - but I always forget to turn it off. :eek:
John :)

i have an old hitachi 7 1/4" which is approx 16 years old,laser mmmm who needs it :LOL:

Hi john do you use expensive blades .I think if the laser actualy works and spot on then it is a good idea, just wondering how accurate they stay after been bumped a few times. And on not very expensive tools some may laugh but if you are on site or leaving your tools even for a short while in a vehicle say, they are a good option over the expensive tools from being taken and also if you are on a budget.

Sponsored Links
Hi Seed I just use the standard TCT blades - but I keep one fine toothed one for laminate work.
If I'm using the fence then certainly the laser isn't needed, but if I'm cutting blind I find it rather good! I've not had the laser realigned at all - if there is a problem with it, it just gets covered in dust and has to be blown clear a few times.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back