Cistern drop valve leaking into toilet pan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a push button cistern, where the drop valve unit ( Pacific make ) is pushed down by the button on the cistern.

It seems however the seal has gone, the top end of the drop valve twists off. The seal between this and the bottom part seems to have gone.

The make of drop valve seems to be no longer manufactured so i'll need to fit a new valve.

The cistern sits on top of the back of the toilet. I've never fitted a new valve before but i'm assuming the cistern will need to come off the wall so that i can get at the valve tightening nut underneath the cistern???????

Sponsored Links
Will silicone grease/spray solve this?

I managed to get the toilet to work again for a short time but it seems to be the seal between the rubber and the bottom part of the drop valve.

Given that the cistern sits on the toilet, i assume the cistern will be coming off?

Sponsored Links
a drop valve (the b & q one for about £13-14) will fit most if not all wc's (especially close coupled). It also comes with 2 outlet's - the most popular 1 1/2" and 2" also.

the tube linking the drop valve to the push button (also supplied with it) is easy to connect up to any normal wc cistern.

the valve comes with instructions also which are clear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back