Cistern insides

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have had a new set of cistern insides sent because mine has broken but the new one is different from the existing and it needs to be removed by unnscrewing from the bottom middle of the cistern but it is stuck firm 12 months old
Question1....what is best way of unscrewing when not a lot of room and i cant shift it with my hands
Question 2 ... do i need to change the part that fills the cistern with water as well to match up the parts of will 1 be compatible with the other as manufacturer has sent a different design for the push buttons.

many thanks

Tally

Sponsored Links
Virtually NONE of the syphon type undo as such (the Dudley Turbosyphon is the main exception). The others are held in place by a nut on the OUTSIDE of the cistern (visible in the case of a low-level cistern, hidden in between the pan and the cistern in the case of a close-coupled WC.

SOME (NOT all) of the flush-valves detach from the fitting in the base of the cistern. If you have a flush-valve, this MAY detach from the base fitting by turning anti-clockwise about 1/20th of a turn. I don't know of any that actually unscrew.

The filling valve is usually a completely separate issue from the flushing arrangement BUT there are many situations where valve type A fouls against syphon type B.

Luckily I'm answering this question on a Sunday.

I would call your local preist in to look at it. Preists know all about the brethren ; right?

So it follows; they know all about the cistern too. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back