cistern plumming prob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,
i have pulled out my old cloakroom suite and put in a new one however before screwing pan to floor i have put down insulation and laminate flooring thus the toilet being some 15mm higher than it was originally(screwed into concrete foor with carpet cut round)
the problem i have now is the feed which has an isolating valve on will not meet the cistern bottom inlet ballvalve.i want to keep the pan on the flooring i can only think of taking the isolating valve of and and cut pipe back to fix a longer piece of pipe then put iso valve back on and hopefully it will then meet up.
the gap in question is about 20mm,i hope someone who's got more of an idea than me can help
thanks

Sponsored Links
your idea sounds fine to me. obviously you will have to turn the main water off first.

Some one may suggest a flexy pipe to the cistern, but you dont change cisterns that much, do you?

You can as Breezer suggests use a flexi hose which will be the easiest option.
Alternatively you can purchase extension pieces or extend the pipe.
I'd go with the flexi myself. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back