Cistern question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having a problem.
One of my family had the siphon replaced in their cistern.

The plumber who did it botched the job. The toilet now flushes but the lever doesn't return into place and the link from the lever arm keeps coming off.
I've had a look and I don't think the angle of the link is correct. When you flush the link is pulled to the right and the plunger bit??? (Terrible terminology, sorry) ;) does not return back taking the lever arm and handle with it.
Is this just a case of getting a new handle with longer lever arm and/or a shorter link???

Sponsored Links
It's a case of fiddling around with what you've got as the links and levers are a standard size. A pair of pliers can be used to reshape the link to an appropriate length and shape, and if the arm is still too short you can strap anything to it to act as an extention.

the links and levers are a standard size.

mmm Thought that would be the case. I thought there might have been a chance of imperial/metric causing problems. (It's an old toilet)

Off to get some pliers to have a bash at bending the link. Gonna try shortening it a bit.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back