Cistern syphon sizes.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whilst sourcing a toilet cistern syphon I've noticed that every outflow pipe dia is 38mm whilst the hole on my cistern to take a new syphon is 50mm dia. There cold be a problem when tightening up the nut onto the rubber washer ie not enough material to tighten up onto. Have I got an unusual cistern or am I worrying too much?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
No, a lot of close coupled outlets are 50mm, some are 60mm. 38mm sounds like an 1” and 1/4 syphon. Lots of push button outlets as said are bigger.

Replace with a fluidmaster flush valve. Adapts to fit different sized outlets.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
No, a lot of close coupled outlets are 50mm, some are 60mm. 38mm sounds like an 1” and 1/4 syphon. Lots of push button outlets as said are bigger.

Thanks. The outside dia of the threaded pipe is given as 1.5 inches on the syphon I was looking at.

Thanks. The outside dia of the threaded pipe is given as 1.5 inches on the syphon I was looking at.
Sorry, my mistake, yes, majority of flush pipe are 1.5”, some of the very older ones were 1.25”.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back