Toilet cistern leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. I have just installed a new concealed cistern and it is leaking from it's outlet ( where the back nut holds the syphon in place). The cistern is made of thick, light, plastic and I wandered if it is ok to remove the syphon and put some plembers mate on the inside of the cistern between the rubber washer and the base of the cistern. Is plumbers mate suitable for plastic? I know that applying plumbers mate on big cwsc is not advisable as it does not react well with that sort of plastic but I do not know about the toilet cistern I have mentioned above. Thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links
The rubber washer is there to stop it from leaking, try tightening the large nut while holder the syphon still, as it will move.

Andy

Thanks for answering m8. I know what u mean, having said that since it is a concealed cistern I do not want to run the risk of future leak and have to knock down the stud wall so I was looking for a permanent fix.

Hi

Take the cistern out tighten the nut hand tight, then quarter with pump pliers and leave over sink to check for leaks for a while.
No sealants should need to be used.
And always leave provision to get at it and fix it in the future. With all toilets you will have to sooner or later.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back