Concealed toilet cistern leak

Thank you for your replies, ideas, and guidance. I'm going to try to get the flush valve out and put a new one, then hope to get the pipe beneath water tight.

Brilliant. Thanks again for all your help.

Sponsored Links
Hope you can manage it OK , good luck with it . do let us know how you get on ,regards Terry.

Thank you for your replies, ideas, and guidance. I'm going to try to get the flush valve out and put a new one, then hope to get the pipe beneath water tight.

Brilliant. Thanks again for all your help.
Good luck and where do we all send the invoice to? :mrgreen:

Yes, I know about the invoice! Sorry for being a freeloader. Even though this is a forum for these things, I feel guilty now!

Sponsored Links
Depending on by how much, could you cut away some wood to get the cistern out?

Ha Ha ,you trying to put some add on's in your invoice JP !!!

Yes, some of the horizontal wooden batten could be cut out. With access only from the top though, it's a fiddly job overall.

i wouldnt pull the cistern - youl only give yourself more problems an still have to have at least hand access for the flush nut.keep it as simple as possible.

i dont see whats stoppin you reaching under the cistern?

i rekon you should hand nip up the flush nut an dry it all off best you can.use tissues.
an if you can then check where the pipe connects with the pan an dry it off an maybe see if you can push the pipe into the connector a little.

then flush an search for damp.

just sayin, butyouve got two problems with your installation.
1. the tiled false wall business
2. the low level WC
its a DIY istallation but in future stay away from those two even if its done professionaly.

Thank you bobasd. The cistern is quite low down and the top of the false wall is quite high up so my arm only just reaches under the cistern to the nut.

Pain in the arse it is TP. This is a house built in 2004 but the designers still put an arrangement in where straightforward maintenance is near impossible.

You will need to remove the right hand side tile just above the toilet and then cut out an access panel and work from there.

Andyi

Pain in the arse it is TP. This is a house built in 2004 but the designers still put an arrangement in where straightforward maintenance is near impossible.
Bain of my life false walls, be grateful there isn`t a ruddy macerator there. Last wall was over 4ft tall and around 6ft wide, took me 3hrs to remove it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back