Toilet cistern overflow outlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Below is a photo of the underside of a toilet cistern and the back of the same cistern.

The white plastic nut on the right in the 1st pic leads to, as far as I'm aware, is known as the fill valve.

However, do cisterns not have two such similar openings? That is, one on one side for the fill valve and then one on the other side for an overflow outlet? As can be seen there is not one on the left of the cistern.

SAM_0755.JPG
SAM_0754.JPG

Sponsored Links
The white plastic nut on the right in the 1st pic leads to, as far as I'm aware, is known as the fill valve.
Possum your previous thread https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...n-of-black-rubber-washer.485864/#post-3952383
will confirm this connector is a fill valve,dont you believe us ?

Ian H has the answered your question,re overflow.

Just confirm with your china crap collector supply company that they have supplied the correct kit of fittings,they should have supplied instruction instructions,or maybe they supply a link to here.

Possom get a grip :!:

Sponsored Links
Possum your previous thread https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...n-of-black-rubber-washer.485864/#post-3952383
will confirm this connector is a fill valve,dont you believe us ?

Ian H has the answered your question,re overflow.

Just confirm with your china crap collector supply company that they have supplied the correct kit of fittings,they should have supplied instruction instructions,or maybe they supply a link to here.

Possom get a grip :!:
As with most people, I have literally no knowledge of toilet cisterns.

The question I asked above is different to that which I asked previously, which related to which washers are used.

The answer may seem obvious to someone who knows about such things, but not necessarily to someone who does not. Hence my question.

The answer may seem obvious to someone who knows about such things, but not necessarily to someone who does not. Hence my question.
Can you not ask the company that supplied the toilet ? they will know what exactly you have been supplied and have a legal duty of care.
Have the toilet supply company included installation instructions ? or any reference material.

I have literally no knowledge of toilet cisterns.

Sometimes its cruel to be kind,Posson get a pro in :idea:

Can you not ask the company that supplied the toilet ? they will know what exactly you have been supplied and have a legal duty of care.
Have the toilet supply company included installation instructions ? or any reference material.

Yes there is an instruction sheet. I had used the instruction sheet to install the two plastic parts into the cistern which can just be seen in the second. Though due to your suggestion in the other thread that these may well be lower quality parts (which they appear to be), I will purchase some replacement parts by FluidMaster - a brand which you suggested.

I noticed on the old toilet currently installed that there is what appears to be an outlet opening in the cistern. Since there is not one in this new cistern, I had wondered why that might be. But it appears, from Ian's post above, that overflow can fall through the central opening.

So when I'm purchasing a new FluidMaster part, I'll ensure it has an integrated overflow.

I shall be having a professional install the toilet once I have better quality parts installed within the cistern.

These days Cisterns have internal overflow into the pan, (water saving,) if it overflows one can see it in the pan, the old style overflow that went outside if it overflows people tend to ignore it and waste water.
Check on Instructions that it is a new style cistern.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back