Cistern Water Feed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

The water pipe that feeds the toilet cistern leaked a few years back. I popped a flexible pipe on it, it came with a shut off valve and simple for me to fit.

However, it’s started to leak again. The washer is worn and I swapped it out ( with a fibre washer that I had). Still leaking at the red circle.

So - will I go for another flexible valve (are there better quality ones)?

Or maybe this is the time to tackle pipe work, as I feel more confident to do it now.

Appreciate the benefit of your experience. Thank you.

Attachments

• 88ED3F0F-1E00-498B-8106-FF2BE6E9DDFA.jpeg
    88ED3F0F-1E00-498B-8106-FF2BE6E9DDFA.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 90
Sponsored Links
Looks like it's cross threaded ,the nut seems to be askew .Could be the camera angle though. Try a rubber washer instead of fibre.

Sponsored Links
Looks like it's cross threaded ,the nut seems to be askew .Could be the camera angle though. Try a rubber washer instead of fibre.

Well spotted. Your head gets in all sorts of angles.
Will try rubber washer also.

Is this type of connection appropriate?

Thanks

Ah good man

I was thinking that a few elbows, and a new shut off valve would do the trick. I have some copper pipe but no pipe bender. Could I ask you to guide me on what products I’ll need to do that job?
Thanks

If you fit the item listed above, you do not need any extra parts, except for perhaps a new fibre washer.

Your present problem is the plastic spout you are connecting to, is not as robust as a brass version would be - so you cannot tighten up enough to get a seal. Swap the plastic part for brass - problem solved.

Your present problem is the plastic spout you are connecting to, is not as robust as a brass version would be - so you cannot tighten up enough to get a seal. Swap the plastic part for brass - problem solved.
Gee, never heard that given as a reason before.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back