Citroen Berlingo Van power steering failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi new to the forum :D
I have a Berlingo 2.0HDI van 2005. I have recently changed the power steering pump due to it leaking. Fluid had dripped onto the Alternator which is directly below. This eventually burnt out :cry: I have replaced the Alternator this morning and when i have fired the van up the steering is very stiff. Checked the power steering fluid level and its fine. Seems as though the fluid isnt recirculating around the system..Have removed the top solid pipe that goes into the top of the pump reservoir, cranked the engine over and fluid came out under pressure. The van has stood for a couple of weeks when i was waiting for the new alternator. Could there be a blockage in the lines due to it standing for a couple of weeks and debris settling in the lines? If so could it be unblocked by blowing through with and air line?
Any advice appreciated
Thanks
DEKA

Sponsored Links
Try jacking the front up and operating the steering from end to end with the engine running a number of times, it may just be an air lock.

Peter

Thanks for the reply. Vaccum bled the system filled with new fluid and turned the wheels a few times when running, power steering working fine now :D :D
ATB
DEKA

I was also thinking it was air in the pump rack as Peter suggested.

I wonder if Peter knows there is another Peter Nolan in his area?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Back