Citroen Picasso 2.0 Keeps cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 2.0 Citroen Picasso 2002 that keeps cutting out after about a mile of driving.

When I turn the key, I can hear the pump in the tank start (quiet noisy now). She starts with no problem but can still hear the pump in tank going.

Drive for a mile and she just cuts out (no sound from pump). Try to start her again straight after she has stopped and she wont start. Either wait for a couple of minutes or lock car and unlock car, turn key pump starts and then car starts and drives for approx 1 mile again.

I'm sure the pump wasn't as noisy as it is now.
Pump, relay or something else?

Thanks for any help!!!

Sponsored Links
I'm assuming that this is a HDI. If so this could be one of two common problems these suffer from, 1) fuel pump in tank, possibility as you say it is noisy and 2) multi function relay located under the bonnet brown or black in colour.

Thanks for reply!
Are you able to tell me where the relay is in simple terms?
Ill try relay first cos at guess that's going to be cheaper.
Yes it is a HDi.

Sponsored Links
Normally its on or around the bulk head, you will probably just have to look around. Its an rectangular relay more likely brown in colour or maybe black. it will have a red locking device on it and all you need to do is pull the red slider and it should disconnect from the relay.The relays are not that expensive and you should go to the dealer for it.

Back