clad wooden garage door frame in plastic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i want to do the above or get a local company that have worked for me in the past, to make the garage door frame as maintance free as it can be!

only thing is though as the door moves up and over there is little gap between the door and the frame,

any ideas please, my only suggestion is to just cover the front, ??

any way to cover the side also, or do you think this is not really

Sponsored Links
If your up and over door is made by the likes of Henderson, often the strong frame is steel, with only timber cladding on the front edges to make it look better.
No matter - its possible to cover these with upvc strips, but its hardly fit and forget because the bottom of the timbers still get wet, and thats where the trouble starts.
John :)

they are timber its just a standard wood i just wanted to clad, i know its not the answer but it will save me painting the bloody thing! i just wasnt sure how to mount it to the side as the garage door would hit it ?

Sponsored Links
Obviously, it depends on the gap between the frame and the door, but upvc window makers have various angle trims in a variety of thicknesses and widths.
If the door will clear, then so much the better - you can go ahead with the job.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back