Cladding without tongue and groove?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if you can get cladding without the tongue and groove. I'm looking for some thin wooden planks under 100mm in width and cladding is all I can find. But I can't use most of it as it has groves.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Most decent timber merchants will machine what you want if you ask them and give your exact requirements. Just be aware that planing reduces the width of sawn timber by around 6mm so if your requirements are only a couple of mm under 100mm then you will have to purchase 125mm stock.

I'm building a wargaming board for my son and want to put a border around it's edges to hide the different layers.

attachment.php

I'm building it in three different sections and want a to put something like cladding around each one.

A layer of styrofoam is going on top and I can cut that down with a hot wire cutter to the height of the border. I just need something shorter than 100mm which is too big.

Sponsored Links
Standard 4x1 (or 100x 25mm in new money) will finish at about 94mm x 19mm or so and is available "off the shelf" , would that do? Just ask for 100x 25 PAR (stands for planedl round).

I'm then taking it that you don't have any tools to cut the sides down from wider stock? Buy a cheap circular saw and you can take the side off anything, including plywood, which would give you the thinnest edge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back